Sunday, September 25, 2011

Doin' the Puyallup!

It is either the best way to say goodbye to summer or the best way to say hello to fall...The Puyallup Fair!!  

I loved going to the fair as a kid and I love it even more as mom.  Gabbi's excitement is truly contagious.  

This year she got to go to the fair three times!  Luckily the two times she and I went, we were able to stay on budget.  FYI, the fair is crazy expensive.  I was expecting the food to be a quarter or two more expensive, but I was not prepared for the cost of the rides.  Maybe because Gabbi has been too little to really get into rides.  Now she is all about the rides.  But of course the "dizzy passes" or bracelets are no good on the weekend.  In a nutshell, the fair has parents by the...!  

Either way, we make the fair a priority and it is worth every $1 we spend.  We don't mess around with toys or games, we head straight for the rides and elephant ears.  We also love checking on the animals and some shows.  

One of Gabbi's favorite rides this year was the Tilt-a-Whirl or the  ICEE Ride (according to Gabbi).  I finally asked Gabbi why she calls it the Icee Ride.  She informed me it was because the seats have the top that covers you that looks like the the lid to an Icee drink.  Genius!  Thank you so much to Chris for going on the ride with Gabbi.  She had a great time and she let me know it was going "thunder fast!!"  

We did have one small tiff when the carny guy said she couldn't go on the Tiger rollercoaster by herself.  But as soon as she found out she could go on the Lil' Coaster on her own she moved on, thank goodness.  Another great ride for her!  Love her smile, the pics/video do not do it justice.  

One of my favorite places to walk through is Hobby Hall.  It is amazing what folks collect.  Some are impressive and some a just odd.  Our favorite was of course the WSU collection, very impressive.  I didn't see a UW collection?  Gabbi started making her Christmas list while checking out some of the collections, My Little Pony, Cars, Bumblebee from Transformers, etc.  

In the Agriculture Hall there was a bee/honey table that was very fascinating to Gabbi.  They had live bees and not so live bees on display.  Gabbi had lots of questions, really great questions, that even impressed the volunteers at the table.  They were not ready for it.  Love my little scientist.  

In the end The Fair was a huge blast and I can't wait until next year to do it again.  I better start saving now.


No comments:

Post a Comment